I found this recipe on Cafe Delites, but added my own twist to stuff them with Nutella! I’ve also converted the measurements into grams for those of us that don’t use cups. Enjoy, and let me know how yours went!
This recipe is not suitable for vegans.
- 113g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 226g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 64g plain flour
- 64g cocoa powder
- Nutella (as much as you’d like)
- Preheat oven to 175°C or 350°F
- Grease or line a square or rectangular baking tin. Recommended 8 inch – smaller means thicker brownies, larger means flatter!
- Melt the butter, and combine with the oil and sugar. Whisk until thoroughly mixed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and whisk again, until lighter in colour. Whisking well on this step helps to create the cracked brownie top!
- Sift in flour and cocoa powder. Fold into the mixture with a metal spoon, until only just combined.
- Pour half of the mixture into your tin.
- Warm the Nutella until it’s runny enough to pour. (If doing so in the Nutella jar, make sure ALL of the foil lid is removed before putting it in the microwave!)
- Pour the Nutella into the tin and smooth out so it reaches the edges.
- Pour the rest of the brownie mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes; or until the centre no longer wobbles. Don’t worry if there is still some movement, as the brownies will continue to cook in the tin (and it’ll mean they’re gooier!)
- Allow to cool to room temperature before cutting.
Optional: sift a little icing sugar over the top of the brownies once they’re cool.
The original recipe suggests this makes 16 brownies however mine usually makes 12 because I like a good sized brownie! I hope you enjoyed this recipe, and if you want any extra tips and tricks be sure to check out the original recipe linked above.
Featured Image | Girl and the Kitchen
In-post images belong to me.